Fall is just on our doorstep and we are ready! We have everything you could possibly need to make the most out of this fall season. Whether it’s cider and donuts, pumpkin patches, books for the season, recipes, or more, we have got you covered with our Ultimate Guide to Fall In + Around Lansing.
We are so thankful to our partners at Uncle John’s Cider Mill, Wharton Center, Potter Park Zoo, Eastwood Towne Center, and CATA, for helping us bring this guide to you and we can’t wait to share all the fun they have waiting for you this season!
- Uncle John's Cider Mill
- Wharton Center
- Potter Park Zoo
- Eastwood Towne Center
- U-Pick Apple Orchards
- Cider and Donut Spots
- Corn Mazes
- Pumpkin Patches
- September Activities and Events
- October Activities and Events
- Fall Recipes, Crafts and More
- Halloween Activities, Crafts and More
- Thanksgiving Activities, Crafts and More
Whether you are visiting Uncle John‘s for a glass of cider and a fresh donut, looking to shop, sip on a hard cider, or enjoy one of our seasonal experiences, we know there is something for everyone! We are open 7 days a week starting Thursday, August 31.
Put these Dates on Your Calendar for fun at the Cider Mill |
- September 16th | Cider Yard Opening
- September 24th | Fall Festival Weekend
- September 30th | Fall Festival Weekend
- October 14th | Fall Festival Weekend
- October 15th | Lansing Mom Fall Fest at the Cider Mill
On October 15th we hope you’ll join us for a magical morning at Uncle John’s Cider Mill, with keepsake crafts, cider and donuts, 5-10 professional family photos and more, we know this will be a morning of fun for the whole family! Grab your tickets here!
Offering the best of Broadway and performing arts events, Wharton Center is the place to be for the 2023-2024 Season. Subscriptions are on sale now, featuring blockbuster hits like SIX, Moulin Rouge! The Musical, To Kill A Mockingbird, and much more. 5-show Broadway packages start at just $215 – ticket discounts, the best seats, and flexible ticket exchanges are just some of the perks of being a season subscriber. Visit www.whartoncenter.com for details.
Shows you won’t want to miss this Fall |
- Sept 14th MasterWorks 1: Dvorak New World Symphony
- Sept 15th Ballet Nepantla
- Sept 15-17th Rocky Mountain High
- Sept 20th Mandy Gonzalez: Fearless
- Sept 24th Wind Symphony
- Sept 28- Oct 1 Love is the Greater Labyrinth
- Sept 28th Symphony Band
- Sept 29th Symphony Orchestra: Virtuosity
- Sept 30th The Magic of Motown
- October 3-8th To Kill A Mockingbird
- Oct 6-15th Clue
- Oct 10th World Ballet Series: Cinderella
- Oct 11th Concert Band and Campus Band
- Oct 14th Cat Kid Comic Club: The Musical
- Oct 18th When You Wish Upon a Star
- Oct 19th Concert Orchestra: Mystical Lyricism
- Oct 19-20th Dixie’s Tupperware Party
- Oct 23rd “The President’s Own” U.S. Marine Band
- Oct 24th An Evening with David Sedaris
- Oct 28-29th The Acting Company: Odyssey
- Oct 29th Symphony Orchestra: The Power of Rhythm
- Nov 5th Spartan Spectacular
- Nov 9th Gabriel Royal
- Nov 19th Masterworks 2 Carmina Burana
- Nov 10-19th Much Ado About Nothing
- Nov 14th Brit Floyd
- Nov 15th Concert Band and Campus Band
- Nov 17-18th Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Nov 19th Wind Symphony with Spartan Youth Wind Symphony
- Nov 21st Symphony Band
- Nov 28- Dec 3rd Hairspray
- Nov 30- Dec 3rd MSU UnScripted
Embark on a captivating fall adventure at Potter Park Zoo, where nature’s wonders come to life. Encounter majestic animals from around the world amidst the breathtaking backdrop of autumn hues. From playful otters to majestic lions, every visit promises an unforgettable encounter. Immerse yourself in the beauty of vibrant foliage and cozy up to the charm of our zoo’s ambiance. Get ready for hoots, howls, and spooky delights at Boo at the Zoo, a bewitching event that adds a touch of spookiness to the season. With our doors open 364 days a year, including special fall hours after Labor Day through Oct. 31 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends), your adventure awaits!
The center of attention! Eastwood TowneCenter is Mid-Michigan’s shopping, dining & entertainment destination with big city style and main street charm just minutes away from Michigan State University. Featuring upscale fashion retailers, home furnishing shops and great dining. Their wide array of shops and dining make this spot a one stop shop for Summer Fashion and Fun! Grab your summer outfits, head out to dinner, catch a movie, all making the perfect summer day. Eastwood has got everything you need to make your summer super special.
Be sure to check out these Eastwood Events to make your most out of your trip!
- Happy Hour at BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse, Mon-Fri 3-7 pm, Sun-Thurs 9 pm- Close
- Martini Wednesday at Bravo $6 martinis
- J. Jill Teachers take 15% off until September 15th
- Wine Thursday at Bravo $6 glass of Wine
- Happy Hour at Bravo weekdays 3-7 pm
Deals and More
- Did you know Eastwood has a whole page of all the sales happening right now? You can check them out here!
For a fun, affordable and hassle-free day trip in the Capital City region this fall, hop aboard a CATA bus to check out local attractions and scenery. The Route 8 provides access to the Potter Park Zoo and Sycamore Park, both accessible from the bus stop on Lindbergh Drive. Route 1 is another great option, traveling along Grand River Avenue and into Downtown Lansing providing convenient access to the Lansing River Trail Art Path, Adado Riverfront Park and a variety of unique shops and eateries along the way. Both routes originate at the downtown Lansing CATA Transportation Center. One-way fare for adults is $1.25, students ride for 60-cents, and young children under 42” ride free when accompanied by an adult. For more information, call a CATA representative at 517-394-1000 or visit cata.org to plan your trip to destinations across the region.
Head here for our full list of U-Pick Apple Orchards or read on for more information below.
Of course you can buy a bag of apples at the store, but where is the fun in that? If you’re looking for the best apple orchards for picking your own juicy apples within an hour of the Lansing area then our guide is for you. Just click the link above for a full list of u-pick for this fall.
For Cider and Donut Spots In + Around Lansing head here or read on below for more information.
There is no shortage of cider and donut spots in the Lansing area so we’ve rounded up all our favorites, including a few spots that don’t require a trip to the cider mill. Click the link above for more information.
For corn mazes in the Lansing Area head here for more information read on below.
What says fall fun more than a corn maze?! We absolutely love this fall activity and we’re sure you’ll fall in love too. If you’re looking for a fun date idea or a place to let the kids run wild, this is it. Head above for our full list.
Want to see a full list of Pumpkin Patches head here or read on below for a little more information.
Ah pumpkin season. You’re either with it, or very against it. However chances are that if you are reading this, you are very with it! So we’ve rounded up the best spots to grab a pumpkin, whether you need a quick stop or want a full experience we’ve got you covered.
There is no shortage of fun at Lansing Mom in September!
Check out what’s going on right here!
Lansing Mom September Connect
- Community portion with Rachel Seidel, Owner of Board and Brush on Discovery, Mindset and Momentum
- Community and Conversation Fostering with other Moms
- Snacks and Drinks provided by Lansing Mom
- Local Vendor Clover Joy to shop and learn about this beautiful woman owned business
- So many more surprises we can’t wait to share!
- September 17th 5:30 PM MSU Children’s Garden with Sarah
- September 26th 4:00 PM at Clearview Orchards with Halie
October holds so much spooky and silly fun at Lansing Mom and we’re sharing it with you!
Trick Or Treat with Us
- October 10th 5:30-7:30 PM at Sharp Park
Fall Fest at Uncle John’s Cider Mill
- Professional Photos of your family (5-10 images)
- Cider and Donuts
- Craft for the kids
- Autumn Set-Up Specifically for our Lansing Mom Community
- and so much more fun we can’t wait to share!
- Tickets Here
Haven’t had enough of fall yet and need more? Look no further, we’ve got more fall fun rounded up for everyone! Just head to the links below for everything you need to make this the best fall ever.
Halloween, our favorite time of year! If you love Halloween like us then you’re in the right place. We’ve rounded up events, resources and fun right here!
Halloween Events- Stay Tuned our Lansing Friends are getting all their ghosts together for these events