Lately we have all been asking ourselves what we can do to support one another. Amidst Black Lives Matter, and a pandemic, it is more important now, than ever, to support our local businesses. Lansing Mom has compiled a list of Black-Owned Businesses that are right in your backyard that you can begin supporting immediately, if you haven’t already!
In order to support our community of Black Business Owners we have compiled this guide to our community. This guide is a living document and we will continue to add to it. Please email [email protected] if you have a Black-Owned Business to include.
Gregory’s Soul Food | Located at 2510 N Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Lansing. If you’re in the mood for soul food, they’ve got you covered. Check out their Facebook and Instagram pages for more information.
Big John’s Steak and Onion | Located at 4201 W Saginaw Hwy, Lansing. If you’re up for a sandwich, they’ve got you covered.
Krystal’s Kitchen | Mobile Food Truck. Check their website for how to order and location.
Finger Lickin Chicken and Fish | Located at 2317 W Michigan Ave, Lansing. They’re serving up more than just chicken and fish– check out their menu for some fan favorites. Check out their Facebook and Instagram pages for more information.
Tatse Restaurants & Alobosa Lounge | Located at 221 S Washington Square, Lansing, MI 48933.
RJ’s Heavenly Delights | Located at 1194-A N West Ave, Jackson. If you haven’t seen their milkshakes, we don’t know what you’re waiting for…plus they’ve got a variety of treats for whatever your sweet tooth is. Check out their Facebook and Instagram pages for more information.
Salt Yoga East Lansing | Located at 1306 Michigan Ave, East Lansing. Salt Yoga East Lansing combines two therapies: yoga and Himalayan salt to bring you a space for your body and your mind. Check out their Facebook and Instagram pages for more information.
Oracle’s Apothecary | 519 E Cesar E. Chavez Ave, Lansing. “Apothecary for your spiritual health. Soaps, spiritual baths, lotions, and candles.” Check out their Facebook and Instagram pages for more information.
Carter & Cruz’s Silly Socks and Accessories | Products available on their website. Carter and Cruz are two businessmen with some super cute products! Check out their Facebook and Instagram pages for more information.
Nubian | Is a clothing and jewelry store located at 120 S Washington Square, Lansing, MI 48933.
Skin Studio 211 | Lorin Cumberbatch, is a licensed Esthetician and Makeup Artist with five plus years of experience. Lorin also offers a line of skincare products. Located on the corner of Waverly and Michigan. Check out her Facebook and Instagram pages for more information.
Personal Image Salon & Day Spa | Charles has has owned this Lansing-based salon for over 25 years. His team of top-notch professionals provide a wide variety of services from hair styling to waxing, facials, and more! Located at 3415 E Saginaw St, Ste E, near the corner of Saginaw and Coolidge. Check out their Facebook Page and Website for more information.
- Aux Petit Soins | Gaëlle is a native French speaker. She describes her language center as being a little slice of Paris, right here in Lansing. This French Cultural Center provides fun and interactive language immersion classes to infants through adults. You can learn more about the programs she offers via her website.
- Kayla Turpin Photography | Kayla is a photographer serving the Lansing area. Check out her Facebook and Instagram pages for more information.
- Bryant Digital Photography | Bryant is a photographer serving the Lansing area. Check out his Facebook and Instagram pages for more information.
- The Sweetest Events | Event styling and planning in the Lansing area. Check out their Facebook and Instagram pages for more information.
- Caterpillar Corner | Caterpillar Corner is a daycare located in the Holt area. Check out their Facebook page for more information.
- EJ & Sons Moving Service | Highly recommended by local residents. Located at 5025 W Saginaw Hwy, Lansing, MI. You can learn more about their services via their Facebook page.
- Riley Funeral Home | Located at 426 W St. Joseph Street, Lansing, MI. Visit their website for more information.
- Travel Advisor | JoJo Tucker specializes in travel without limits, find her on Instagram, Facebook, or visit her website for more information.
- Wild Ferns Wellness | is one of Michigan’s first wellness collaboratives based in Lansing to center and support the holistic needs of Women, Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BI-POC) as well as LGBTQIA2S+ folks and allies. Wild Ferns Wellness Center provides an affirming and safe space to those who enter. Check out their Facebook and Instagram for more information.
- Northstar Birthing Services | Domonique and Shardé provide birth doula, postpartum doula, and breastfeeding support. They look forward to supporting you! Reach out to them on Instagram or Facebook! Check out their Facebook and Instagram Page for more information.
- Turning Corner Consulting | Shani and her team of mental health specialists provide a caring and safe environment for clients or all ages and backgrounds to heal and thrive. For more information on services and availability, visit the Facebook page or website.
- The Firecracker Foundation | The Firecracker Foundation is an organization that helps heal children who have survived sexual trauma. Check out their Facebook and Instagram pages for more information.