With sweet summer comes sweet, sweet berries. Yum! It’s a great activity to take the kids out and spend a few hours out of the house. U-pick is fun and rewarding for both kids and mom! Strawberry season is just beginning and soon you will be able to pick raspberries, blueberries, and more.
TIPS FOR BERRY PICKING
- Don’t forget to bring sunscreen.
- Tennis shoes are the go-to for this occasion.
- Call ahead to make sure the farm is open, accepts the form of payment you prefer to use, and if you need to bring your own buckets.
- Bring a wagon along– the collapsible ones are perfect for this activity!
- Look in the middle and the bottoms of bushes– these areas are often overlooked and you can find more berries than on the already-picked outside.
- Stick to one spot and pick it clean before moving on.
MULTI-BERRY U-PICK FARMS
Huhn’s Strawberry Farm | 11262 S. Tallman Rd., Eagle, 517 626-6608
U-PICK RASPBERRY FARMS
U-PICK BLUEBERRY FARMS
Earth First Farms Organic Growers | 3835 Pier Rd, Benton Harbor, 269815-3370
Where will you be heading for u-pick berries this year? Need some other ways to get out of the house? Take a Road Trip to Mt. Pleasant!