The East Lansing Community is home to Michigan State University which makes it a buzzing city where there is always something going on! The downtown area offers shopping, restaurants, and a quick walk over to campus.
Lansing Mom’s Neighborhood Guide to East Lansing is brought to you in partnership with MSUFCU. When it comes to financing your next home, MSUFCU is here to help. Quickly and securely apply for your mortgage within the MSUFCU Mobile app, and experience peace of mind with MSUFCU’s 120-day mortgage pre-approval rate lock. Whether you’re looking for a fixed-rate or adjustable-rate mortgage, we have the options to fit your needs. Contact MSUFCU today to learn more.
Lansing Mom’s Family Favorites in East Lansing
Things to Do
- Abrams Planetarium | Abrams Planetarium offers shows for all ages, head to the website to find out more
- MSU Museum | Located on campus the MSU Museum is perfect for littles to learn and explore
- 4-H Children’s Garden | As the warm weather sets in your little ones will love playing in the Children’s Garden at MSU
- East Lansing Public Library | The perfect spot to relax that offers many kids programs and more.
- East Lansing Parks | More than 20 parks including Patriarche Park and Valley Court Park
- Rainbow Steps at Valley Court Park | Come check out these colorful steps that make the perfect backdrop for your littles photos
- MSU Horse Barn | Being so close to MSU has its advantages, like taking carrots over to feed the horses. Check the website for hours!
- Hannah Community Center | From classes to workouts, meeting spaces, and a pool the community center has all your needs covered.
- Downtown East Lansing | The downtown area hosts shopping, restaurants and more to enjoy all year long
- The Barre Code | Our favorite spot to get our workout on, The Barre Code East Lansing, is a warm, welcoming environment that will get you feeling amazing!
Groceries and Food Shopping
Restaurants and Coffee Shops
There are no shortage of restaurants and coffee shops in East Lansing so we’ve rounded up a few of our team favorites.
Schools and Daycares
Lansing Mom does not partner with, support or endorse any of the following schools, we have pulled these as a resource to you and encourage you to look at all options before making a decision on a school for your child.
The District is home to East Lansing Public Schools servicing kids grades K-12
Charter or Private Schools
- St. Thomas Aquinas School
- Greater Lansing Islamic School
- Stepping Stones Montessori
- Cole Academy East
Daycares and Pre-Schools
- Peoples Church Preschool
- Bailey Preschool & Childcare Center
- East Lansing KinderCare
- Suzy’s Daycare
- AppleTree Early Care and Preschool-East Lansing
- Eastminster Child Development Center
- Stepping Stones Montessori
- Abbott Nursery School Inc
- Children’s Garden Early Learning Community
- Spartan Child Development Center