Looking for a fun craft for the fairy lover in your life? Check out our tutorial below on How to Make A Fairy Door. It is an easy DIY project that you and your children can do together.
What are Fairy Doors?
The big question is, what on earth is a Fairy Door and what do you do with them? Fairy Doors are placed on your wall to allow fairies to come and go as they please. In connection with our previous post; The Fairy Forest of Grass Lake Village, parents are able to stimulate their children’s imaginations and prompt creative thinking with the Fairy Doors.
What You Need
Most of these supplies you can find at your local dollar or craft store. Head to Pinterest for Inspiration and then head out for your items.
- Woodcraft sticks
- Crafting moss
- Easter Grass
- Small wall canvas
- Small crafting stones
- Faux flowers, glitter, other trinkets
- Hot glue gun and glue
How to Make a Fairy Door
The best part about this craft is the ability for your child to use their creative mind while designing their door.
- Start by cutting your crafting sticks in half and then gluing them to the canvas, or wherever you are creating the fairy door. Or keep them whole to create a bigger fairy house.
- Start with some glue around the door for your moss, Easter grass, and other trinkets.
- Place a small amount of glue on your door for a handle.
- Decorate more if you like or stop there for magic!
Once you’ve created your Fairy Door head to our post on the Fairy Forest of Grass Lake Village.