2021 is coming to a close and there is no better time to celebrate the end of the year! If you are looking new memories to create with your family celebrating New Years Eve, you have come to the right place! I’ve rounded up my 10 kid friendly activities to celebrate New Year’s Eve!
10 Kid Friendly Activities to Celebrate New Year’s Eve
- Count down the hours until midnight with a ballon that gets popped each hour.
- Get crafty! Construct a countdown clock using paper plates, DIY noise shakers with plastic eggs and beans and a spoon or a glittery New Years Ball out of playdoh.
- Fill a special bag with treats or activities label on them until the midnight hour.
- Have a family slumber party or dance party.
- Do a mini celebration at noon. Countdown and cheers with cider, sparking grape juice or even with a glass of milk! (Easy for younger children).
- Make an inspiration board. Write down goals and wishes for the new year. Pin up the board somewhere obvious as a reminder through out the year.
- Have a game night! Playing classic games like: Charades, scavenger hunt, Hide and Seek, Twister, Jenna, Pictionary, and Board Games.
- Fancy Dress Night. Are you staying in? Or inviting friends over? Why not get dressed up in your finest duds and make a night of it.
- Set up a Movie Night. Open quality time together by having a movie evening. Family favorites or the latest blockbuster. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Traditions. Bang the pots and pans outside at midnight. Open doors or window at midnight to clear the way for a promising new year. Sing Auld Lang Syne. Eat 12 grapes at midnight. Light some sparklers. Start the new year with a kiss.
We hope you have fun with 10 Kid Friendly Activities to Celebrate New Years Eve. Lansing Mom wishes you all a beautiful and meaningful 2022. If you’re looking for more resources for the New Year head here.